Internet Marketing is growing by the day. In this situation, it is insufficient for a business to have only a website. It’s important for this site to be visible to the users and can be found in search results when users search for related keywords. With so many companies and websites selling the exact same products or services as your company, how do you be sure that you get noticed and get more business?
That is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) makes picture. Many companies are incorporating SEO to their marketing strategies. This raises yet another question. Is In-House SEO better or in case you Outsource the SEO of your website to an agency? What’re the pros and cons of getting the SEO of your website done In-House as compared to outsourcing your SEO needs? Both In-House SEO and Outsourcing SEO have its pros and cons. Each company needs to look into both these models and then decide based on the needs.
Pros of In-House SEO
1. An In-House SEO expert will know your company well and hence will understand the nuances of company and its challenges as well.
2. Doing your SEO In-House offers you complete control over the strategies and their execution. The SEO expert can be contacted immediately for almost any changes since he sits in the exact same office as one other members of the company.
3. The In-House SEO expert works only on your own website and not on any websites. This means that the expert will give full awareness of your site and can work on improving the rankings of your website.
4. Sometimes In-House SEO is lesser expensive that Outsourced SEO agencies.
In-House SEO Cons
1. SEO is really a rapidly changing field. The algorithms of search engines keep changing. One must always be updated with the changes. The skills in SEO also keep changing. If you choose to do the SEO of your site In-House, you then need to spend time and sometimes money to understand the new areas of SEO and keep yourself updated with the changes.
2. It might be time consuming if you have to steadfastly keep up to the trends of the business. And it is essential to help keep with the trends of the business if you select to accomplish your SEO In-House. You will also have to pay attention to the overall marketing of your website and might not find the time and energy to update yourself with the most recent in SEO. This can lead to outdated SEO practices which can further affect your sites ranking.
3. SEO requires numerous tools. If you select to accomplish your SEO In-House, you then need to get these tools. This can be extremely expensive. Just having these tools isn’t enough. In addition, you need to learn how to utilize them which can further take up lots of your time.
Outsourced SEO Pros
1. The largest advantageous asset of outsourcing your SEO must an agency is you will get the expertise of an entire team of SEO experts who will work on your own website. Since, it is a group that only works on SEO projects, they will be current with the most recent trends running a business and hence you don’t have to spend time or profit getting yourself familiar with your trends. The team can create SEO strategies for your company keeping these trends in mind.
2. SEO agencies make use of a large quantity of clients. The main advantage of this is they have the ability of focusing on different types of businesses and understand their needs better. This wide perspective can be a big advantage in getting visibility on the web.
3. If you outsource SEO to an agency, there isn’t to spend time, effort and money on hiring an In-House SEO team, training and tools.
4. The outsourced SEO agency won’t be affected by the pressures of other areas of marketing your company and can concentrate only on the SEO of your website.